Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wardrobe Planning When I Am My "Client"

FULFILL

(1) How would you explain to your client that everything she wears must honor her PRIMARY ESSENCE ARCHETYPE in order for her to feel “at home” in her clothes?

For me, it means honoring my WOOD energy, which means that my wardrobe needs to be unfussy, with nothing that hinders freedom of mental or physical movement, and it also needs to be casual and natural.

(2) How would you encourage her to assess garments by asking herself, “does this honor my _casual__ (ELEMENTAL ARCHETYPE) soul?”

For me, the key words would be CASUAL and COMFORTABLE. Even if the garment has warm, rich color and a general casual style, I need to make sure it is comfortable. 

(3)How would you explain how her INFLUENCING ESSENCE ARCHETYPE (s) tempers her expression of her PRIMARY ESSENCE?

Well, my influencing essences are WATER and EARTH, so that means it is of the utmost importance that anything I wear be very comfortable. But there also needs to be room for creativity & self-expression. There needs to be a bit of flow in the style line or design elements, too, to really feel like me. So lengthy, columnar shapes in comfy fabrics but with a bit of flow and uniqueness.

(4) What are the most important things for her to remember in order to make authentic clothing choices?

Comfortable
Casual
Somewhat Fluid

Find a photo of a garment that would fulfill your virtual client.


FORTIFY

(1) How would you explain how to choose design elements from the Energetic Design Elements for her archetype that represent her INTENTION?

I have a double intention, for health/growth (WOOD) and peace of mind (EARTH), and for me, the best way to add both is columnar shapes, earthtones and the color green.

(2) How would you explain how to adjust it to her ESSENCE?

I would need to make sure they aren't too boxy or structured. They would need to add some fluidity, for WATER. Might also want to choose the darker earthtones, too.

Find a photo that affirms your client’s INTENTION but also honors her ESSENCE.


FLATTER

(1) How would you explain how to find elements that are in visual harmony with her BODY TYPE?

That would be EARTH, so they would need to be boxy in style and substantial weight in fabrics. However, I also have a slightly elongated torso (WOOD), so would need that in my clothing as well.

(2) How would you explain how to find elements that are in visual harmony with her APPEARANCE?

My coloring is mostly EARTH, so yellows, browns, and other earth-toned colors. Dark brown to mirror my hair, amber/topaz for my eye color and light brown for my skin.

Find a photo that honors or mirrors your client’s hair, eye or skin tones and body type.


FUNCTION

How would you explain how to find elements that would be appropriate for her lifestyle?

I have a very casual (WOOD) lifestyle, so would need casual and natural clothing.

Find a photo that honors your client’s lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment